Tea For Two!

Tea For Two!
Tea For Two! - Your Blog For Korean Pop!

MAMA! (Mnet Asian Music Awards)

Well, the results are out! For those of you Hottests out there, GET READY TO SCREAM! WOOT! Anyways, here are the results to this year's MAMA!

MAMA Results:
(M.net Asian Music Awards)

Artist Of The Year: 2PM
Song Of The Year: I Don't Care (2NE1)
Album Of The Year: Heartbreaker
Best Male Group: 2PM
Best Female Group: Brown Eyed Girls
Best MV: Fire (2NE1)
Music Portal Mnet Award: 2NE1
Best Asian Composer: Park Jin Young
Female Singer: Baek Ji Young
Male Singer: Drunken Tiger
Best Asian Star / Best Representative of Asia: Dong Bang Shin Ki
Ballad / R&B Award: Love Rain (Kim Tae Woo)
House & Electronic Award: Abracadabra (Brown Eyed Girls)

Asia Recommended Group (China): Lollipop (Bang Bang Tang)
Asia Recommended Group (Japan): AKB48
Rock Music Award – BuHwal (생각이나)
Hip Hop Group Award – LeeSsang (헤어지지 못하는 여자, 떠나가지 못하는 남자)
Best Mixed Group – 8eight
Dance Music Award: KARA (Honey)
Trot Music Award - Hong Jin Yeong (Love’s Battery)
Best Female Newcomer: 2NE1
Best Male Newcomer: Supreme Team

Now for the big question: WERE THESE RESULTS FAIR? 









There has been a lot of controversy over the distribution of the daesangs. For example 2NE1 winning the Song of the Year. Was it really the most popular song? I mean yes, it was a good song, and yes it was popular, but is it right for a rookie group to get the award and being that there were other songs that could match I Don't Care. No doubt they were the best newcomers but seriously. I love how allkpop uses the Tell ME vs. Lies issue! 


Now for G-Dragon winning Album of the Year! Okay Heartbreaker was the winner based on sales, but besides sales and profit (cough cough) there are many other factors to account for. For example was the album appropriate. It's not for minors! Another thing, ALL THAT CONTROVERSY BEHIND IT! What is Mnet trying to do? Raise controversy for higher ratings? Seriously, not all the songs on the album were good and I feel that the album is highly overrated. I would prefer Sorry Sorry over it, but of course we must account for the Mnet VS. SME thing in this issue! But still, was it appropriate for G-Dragon to win that award? Did he deserve it? Notice how YG has two of the main awards (Mnet is a shareholder of YG! COUGH COUGH COUGH!) Anyways, once again debatable! To be honest G-Dragon scares me so, no thank you! 


Okay, now for 2PM, DID THEY DESERVE IT? In my opinion, I'm pretty happy they won! GO 2PM! I don't really agree with the points made by allkpop, but of course allkpop did make good points? What did 2PM do this year that was an extremely special accomplishment? (In my opinion I Hate You definitely made a difference and of course their recent album too!) I mean 2PM did deserve it, but I know a lot of comments will be said about this because of the spread love for artists and all the controversy! So again DEBATABLE!



Now as for T.V.X.Q, was the reason they showed up because Mnet now has their backs? Was this to raise controversy and aid Mnet's grudge against SME? I don't know, but you know what? The appearance of the three members has great significance and I can't stress my appreciation for allkpop's deep analysis of this issue! Seriously? I mean seriously? When will this stupid thing end already? Mnet wants to distribute, but you know what Mnet? SME has a choice. You don't hate someone because they don't aid your profit! Same for SME! These two companies, all they care about it PROFIT! Once again, this stupid issue is getting on my nerves.


Please comment and go on allkpop for more info! 

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I so agree with you. I'm happy that 2PM won and I'm glad JaeChunSu (though I really hope that all 5 would appear)was at MAMA and accepted the award. I think these two groups really deserved their awards. As for 2NE1 winning Song of the Year, what the heck? I wasn't even that into the song itself. As for G-Dragon, I have no comment cause i actually don't listen to him much but i can say i wasn't really into Heartbreaker either. I guess the other results were fairish

Post a Comment